Original Art Reproduction
If you are a visual artist who creates original paintings, drawings, or other media, you can bring your original fine art to our studio and we will professionally photograph it, colour-manage the digital file, and optimize it for print.
We have extensive experience capturing a variety of original art. Our client list includes professional painters, artists, conservators, governments, museums, commercial/public galleries, and art foundations.
Some of the varieties of original art include:
- oil and acrylic paint on canvas or board
- watercolour painting and illustrations on paper
- fabric arts and textiles
- mutlimedia pieces (including 3D elements)
- art with high gloss or highly reflective elements, such as varnishes, metallic paints, gold leaf, and glossy films
- Super oversized art (larger than 6 foot)
We professionally photograph your original artwork using a Phase One 60MP or 100MP Medium Format Digital Camera in a critically controlled lighting studio setup.
Capture conditions are carefully controlled through the use of:
- High quality lights
- Multiple lights and multiple angles
- Light modification
- Lighting polarization and lens polarization
- Lighting calibration
All reproductions include twenty minutes of image consult for colour and one test strip.
Digital post production includes:
- Digital colour calibration
- Colour matching to original artwork
- Creative colour rendering based on output and artist intent
- Digital stitching and exposure blending for super large scale reproduction